Thursday, April 30

Oh Joy


It's people like Christian Joy who inspire me on rainy days like these. She's the designer behind Yeah Yeah Yeahs front-woman, Karen O's rad costumes and attire. It's interesting taking a look at the creative process behind Joy's work and it makes me want to make costumes too. This White Canvas podcast has inspired me to take up sewing during the summer as a creative hobby which will keep me occupied during much of my spare time. Yeah, I said it. I'm actually going to sew or attempt to do it at least. I've always wanted to make my own clothes and alter some of the used clothes that I find at thrift stores because I always find it hard to find clothes that fit my skinny body type. Thankfully, I have four months to practice. So I'm off to a Fabricland in search of the cheapest material to mess up on!

xxX, Mishap

2 comments:

Warren Hildebrand said...

Best of luck!
Post photos of your awesome creations when you've finished.

Mishap said...

Merci Warren!
Oh, and don't expect posts for months cos this hobby is gonna take a lot of practicing!